Monday, January 2, 2012

Ava is 6!!!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet, little Ava Noel. She is such a light in our lives, and we love her so much. I love having a daughter like her, always helping me with Elle and Will, always the peacemaker when the kids are starting to fight, always cheerful in the morning and when she walks in the door after school. She means so much to us. Happy Birthday!


Ava wanted to have a family party (which I just love when they choose that...not because it means less work for me, but I love knowing they want to spend their special day with just us/family). We blind folded her at home, and didn't tell her what we had planned. Her favorite restaurant is Brick Oven, so that's where we went. Andy was waiting there with a cake and presents.

She was SOOO surprised when we pulled off the blindfold. It was the cutest thing ever!

She loved all of the presents she got. Grandma Stratford gave her a barbie, coloring pad, and took her shopping and to lunch at the mall. Elder & Sister Hokanson (Grandma & Grandpa) mailed her a jewelry box, snow globe, treats, lip glosses. Cael and Will gave her a sparkly purse and a microphone with a speaker.


Elle kept a close eye on that cake. She couldn't wait to get a piece!



After dinner, she and I raced down to American Leadership Academy, where Emma and Shelle' go to school, to watch them sing/dance in their Christmas production. They did awesome, and Ava sat through the entire 2 1/2 hr. show, and loved all of it. She looks up to her cousins so much.

Happy Birthday, Ava! We are so happy you came into our family 6 years ago!
P.S....and even though Cael loves to tease you that you were adopted, and has all sorts of stories of how we actually got you...don't believe him :). I remember having you in my tummy, and being so excited I was going to get a baby girl. You are mine, and always will be. I love you!