Monday, June 25, 2007

4 going on 14


Next week Cael will give his first talk in Primary, and he's pretty excited about it (which is unbelievable!). Ever since he entered primary, he hasn't really liked going to sharing time OR class, which has made Sundays a little rough around our house. Andy is at meetings all morning, so I'm left to get the kids ready, and needless to say, there is usually crying involved (sometimes by both parties). Cael will first hide from me, and then once I've found him it's a wrestling match to get him dressed. I honestly didn't think I'd be dealing with this stuff until I had teenagers. But, some good news... he and a few other kids just got switched over to the other Sunbeam class, due to growth in the ward. Now he acts like Primary is the coolest thing ever (I've concluded it's because of his teachers). I'm so grateful to people in the ward that take their callings seriously, and prepare good lessons, because that has made all the difference in the world with Cael. I know sometimes it gets discouraging to be a Primary teacher. I used to feel like the kids weren't ever listening or even cared...but being on the other end now, I know they do.