Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{School Breakfast }

Most elementary schools offer breakfast before school starts, to kids whose parents work, or for low income families. I just got an e-mail telling me that Cael's lunch account needed to be replenished, which should've lasted him till at least the end of the month...So I started talking with Cael yesterday and he told me that some mornings he and Ava get off the bus, he walks her to her kindergarten class, and then he heads to the lunchroom to eat breakfast. He always eats breakfast here, so it's not like he needs to eat at school, but they offer some of the sweeter cereals that I won't buy, so he said it is awesome. He picked Cocoa Puffs yesterday. Anyway, I thought it was so funny that he thought he was just eating for free there, and even more funny that he would ditch Ava so he could go enjoy breakfast by himself. Their bus gets to school about 25 minutes before school starts, so that's quite awhile for her to just be sitting at her desk doing nothing. After I explained to Cael that it isn't free, and that if I do let him eat there sometimes, he has to take Ava, he agreed to not do it anymore until I give him permission.