Thursday, June 12, 2008

A battle I can't win.

Ava's preferred outfit right now is her Hannah Montana t-shirt with a pink polka dot skirt and silver headband. This is actually a big step up from the princess pajama dress she use to have to wear everyday!

Cael on the other hand loves to mix all patterns, especially plaids.

If you saw my kids on pretty much any given day, you could easily mistake them as orphans. They insist on dressing themselves entirely, which wouldn't be so bad if they knew what looked good together. I used to get so angry with Ava when she wouldn't put on what I wanted her to wear. I'd bribe and beg her till I was blue in the face, but she'd never give in. So I've come to the realization that it's not a big deal, and nobody else in the whole world cares what they're wearing but me. There are some days however (like Sunday), that I make them let me help pick out their outfit. And even when Ava will allow me to do her hair or get her dressed all cute, she ends up taking her hair out and changing a few hours later anyway. I've decided I'm going to save my energy from now on and just allow them this freedom, because it's not that big of a deal. Right??